Karnataka Resident Data Hub (KRDH)
What is KRDH?
Karnataka Resident Data Hub (KRDH) is comprehensive platform for the departments of Government of Karnataka to streamline beneficiary databases, weed out duplicates and bogus entries and linking of ALL beneficiaries across the departments and geography thus providing exclusion and inclusion of beneficiaries like department can proactively approach a citizen who is under BPL category to avail health benefit scheme if he/she not doing so.
The platform enables departments to systematically validate the eligibility of any beneficiary as per the stated rules of the benefit scheme. Example: No two student scholarships are allowed, person having motor vehicle of certain type cannot be BPL etc. etc.
What KRDH does?
To achieve the above business intelligence, KRDH platform provides various services (through online applications and web services) to the department staff for qualitatively seeding of Biometrics/OTP and Demographic data to ensure services are delivered to the beneficiaries whom it is meant for. Innovative fuzzy logic is applied for name matching between Aadhaar name and beneficiary name with department both in English and Kannada language or mixed to identify complete match, partial match and no match in Aadhaar seeding.
Why KRDH ?
KRDH promotes data standardization and normalization across department databases residing in silos. In this regard KRDH provides eKYC services for departments to get Aadhaar demographic data and ‘update’ services in which any update in the resident data at the CIDR is pushed to all the department’s databases through publisher/ subscriber methodology in KRDH platform. This ensures that the department databases are always up to date with any changes in demographic data of the citizens like change in address, mobile phone etc.
Overall objectives of KRDH are to provide one-stop platform for departments to leverage and utilize uniqueness of AADHAAR to weed out the duplicates, bogus from the beneficiary databases and ensure service delivery to the intended recipient.
Key unique features of the KRDH platform:
- Cross-linking (mapping) of Beneficiaries.
- KRDH provides all Aadhaar based services under one platform, thus providing one-stop shop for the departments.
- Web services enables department to avail all the KTDH services by integrating it with their own existing application, thus reducing the learning curve for the department field staff.
Current status and Users of KRDH
Till date 19 departments of Government of Karnataka with 25 schemes have shared ~12 Crores of beneficiary data with KRDH for processing. KRDH is used by Government departments and residents to avail all the services mentioned above. Additionally authentication, e-KYC and e-Sign (in the pipeline) services of KRDH are to be used by any entity (Government or Non-Government) that intends to authenticate an individual.
Following services in the form of applications & web services are currently used by the 19 departments with 25 schemes;
- Aadhaar Seeding online and bulk seeding.
- Cleansing services.
- Getting Aadhaar demographic web services.
- Aadhaar authentication services.
- eKYC services.
- Cross-reference services.
- Reporting and dashboards for all levels i.e. department staff, senior officers in the departments and executives.
- Digital Signing (e-Sign) services - in progress.
- DBT Validation and accounting services in progress.
- Digi-Locker and data sharing services in progress.