Objectives of the Institution
1. To promote, establish, Maintain and develop a Medical college with a view to provide comprehensive relief and treatment and advanced care to citizens and to encourage and promote research and training in human ailments.
2. To evolve, organise and supervise, programes, to detect health problems, educate the public, regarding the control of various diseases which are prevalent in the country.
3 . To support, organise and encourage, clinical and basic research progrmes, relating to the diagnosis and treatment of human ailments.
4. To organise teaching and training of Medical undergraduates and postgraduates in the science of diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation and research in human ailments, with stress on preventive aspects of such diseases in the community.
5. To proved for undergraduate & postgraduate teaching and to prescribe courses and auricular in Medicine and surgery.
6. To Maintain books, Journals and other lectures on human diseases
Belgaum Institute of Medical Sciences started during 2005 in 25 acers of land, in the premises of District Hospital at Belgaum. The Institute located on, Dr. B. R. Ambedkar Road, Belgaum.
The college building area covers 12,712sq ft
The institute is fully equipped Laboratories, Museums, Examination Hall, Auditorium, Lecture Halls, Library Gymnasium, Staff and The Teaching Faculty.