• KSBDB organized workshops for 450 NGOs across then state for involving in “Hasiru Honnu” Bio-fuel plantation program.
Officers are being trained in implementation of bio fuel program, at Hassan
Zilla Panchayath functionaries & NGOs in a workshop at Z.P. Office, Shimoga.
• KSBDB actively participated two times in International Bio-fuel Workshop organized by Winrock International at New Dehli.
• Participated in various exhibitions such as Dasara Exhibition, Mysore, Swadeshi Mela, at Palace grounds.
Exhibition on biofuels at Swadesi Mela in Palace Grounds, Bangalore.
Exhibition of Biofuel equipments at Davanagere. (Sri. B.S. Yeddyurappa Hon'ble Chief Minister, Karnataka State witnessing exhibition)
• Organized World Bio-fuel day in all Districts, Blocks & various villages across the state & taken up an awareness campaign for a month long period across the state.
• Organized various awareness & educative programs in schools, colleges & universities across the state.
Children participating in an awareness program
State level Workshop for Officers & NGOs
• Organized workshop on Research Opportunities in bio-fuels for various engineering colleges, universities for the development of bio-fuels.
• Organized workshop business on opportunities in bio-fuels for industrialists & entrepreneurs.
• Organized awareness program & addressed through the video conference to all the Deputy Commissioners, CEO, Zillah Panchayaths & Conservator of Forests in the state.
• Published information broachers of a book titled “ Hasiru Honnu” containing information on various candidates crops of bio-fuels, cultivation practices , advantage of bio-fuels for farmers . Complete information to all the implementing officers is provided in this book & circulated 25,000 copies to all CEOs , DCs , taluk panchayaths, Deputy conservator of Forests, Territorial & Social Forestry divisions, & all the 5600 grama panchayaths in the state.
• KSBDB brought out a DVD of 30 minutes in Kannada & 15 minutes with subtitles in English on bio-fuels serves as an effective media for propagation of bio-fuels in the state.
The bio-fuel KSBDB took initiative & coordinated at the appropriate level to take the mandate of KSBDB in Karnataka state.