​It is one of the oldest of hospitals in Karnataka built in 1881 as a civil Hospital near cantonment Market prior to Rendition in 1881 and afterwards a series of events took place. On 08-04-1893 with many amalgamations and a series of tie ups it was handed over to Govt. of Mysore and is in present shape with superstructures and new blocks being added. Now it is considered to be a VIP ospital.​