The roots of Victoria Hospital a premier Medical
Institution of India can be traced back to 1897 when her highness
Kemparajammaniavaru the then Maharani Regent of Mysore laid the foundation
stone on 22-06-1897 to commemorate the completion of 60 years of Reign of Queen
Victoria. The hospital was formally inaugurated on 08-12-1900 by Lord Curzon
the then Viceroy of India in 2000. During December 2005 a Spectacular Centenary
year was celebrated. This is not only a general Hospital but also a
teaching hospital attached to BMCRI.