1. Title and Commencement: -
(1) These rules may be called the Karnataka Agricultural Produce Marketing (Regulation) (Amendment) Rules, 2008.
(2) They shall come into force from the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. Amendment of long title and preamble:- In the long title and preamble of the Karnataka Agricultural Produce Marketing (Regulation) Rules, 1968 (hereinafter referred to as the said rules) for the brackets and word "(Regulation)" the brackets and words "(Regulation and Development)" shall be substituted.
3. Amendment of rule 2:- In rule 2 of the said rules,-
(i) In clause (i), for the brackets and word "(Regulation)" the brackets and words "(Regulation and Development)" shall be substituted.
(ii) After clause (viii), the following clause shall be inserted, namely:-
"(ix) The words and expressions used in these rules but not defined herein shall have the same meaning as assigned to them in the Act"
4. Substitution of rule 7:- For rule 7 of the said rules, the following shall be substituted, namely:-
"7. Notices of Election.- Not less than twenty days before the date for the election the Deputy Commissioner shall cause a notice in Kannada to be published in a Kannada newspaper having wide circulation in the market area and at the places specified in sub-rule (5) of rule 5 stating.-
(a) The number of persons to be elected in each constituency and by the co-operative marketing societies and Agricultural co-operative processing societies referred to in sub-section (1) of Section 11.
(b) The last date fixed for making nominations which shall be the seventh day after the date of publication of the notification or if the day is public holiday the next succeeding day which is not a public holiday.
(c) The date for the scrutiny of nominations which shall be the day immediately following the last date of making nominations or if that day is public holiday the next succeeding day which is not a public holiday.
(d) The last date for withdrawal of candidatures which shall be the second day after the date for the scrutiny of nominations or if that day is public holiday the next succeeding day which is not public holiday.
(e) The date on which a poll shall if necessary be taken which shall be a date, not earlier than the tenth day after the last date for the withdrawal of candidatures and the hours during which poll shall not be less than eight hours.
(f) The date for counting of votes shall not be more than two days after the date of polling.
(g) The date before which election shall be completed."
5. Substitution of rule 46A. - For rule 46A of the said rules, the following shall be substituted, namely:-
"46A. Honorarium to the Chairman and Vice-Chairman of the market committee.-The Chairman and the Vice-Chairman of a market committee shall be paid an honorarium at the rates specified below.
The market committee whose average Gross Receipts by way of Market fees and licence fees during the preceding three years is:
|(a) Below rupees twenty five lakhs.||Rs. 1000||Rs.500 per month|
|(b) Rupees twenty five lakhs and above but below rupees fifty lakhs.||Rs. 1500||Rs.750 per month|
|(c) Rupees fifty lakhs and above but below one crore.||Rs. 2500||Rs.1250 per month|
|(d) Rupees one crore and above||Rs. 3000||Rs.1500 per month|
Provided that the honorarium payable to the Chairman and the Vice-chairman of a newly constituted Market Committee under Section 10 shall be Rs. 1000/- and Rs.500/- per month respectively during the first year and thereafter on the basis of Gross Annual Income of the preceding year up to the completion of the term of the said committee."