Last modified at 16/07/2016 13:22 by hfw
- Based on Dr. Nanjundappa's Committee Report, new building works for the newly upgraded 51 Community Health Centres have been taken up as per the guidelines and is under progress. Likewise, building works of District Hospitals Gulbarga and Chamarajanagar are taken up and are under progress. An amount of Rs. 21.00 crores is being expended during this year for all building works.
- Supply of drugs to all Health Institutions in the state has been enhanced. An additional amount of Rs. 26.00 crores has been released in addition to the already existing budget.
- A Health Insurance Scheme "Suvarna Suraksha" is being implemented for the farm laborers. Action is being taken to provide more health benefits and an amount of Rs. 35.00 crores is earmarked for this.
- Action is being taken to provide staff and equipments to the upgraded Community Health Centres as per Dr. Nanjundappa Committee Report.
- It has been intended to upgrade all Taluk Hospitals in the State to a minimum of 100 bedded hospitals. Remaining 63 Hospitals have been upgraded along with sanction of staff. Additional Staff to 41 Taluk Hospitals and existing 117 Community Health Centres as per norms is being filled.
- "Control Room" is being started in the Directorate of Health and Family Welfare Services, Bangalore, to compile Integrated Information and First Information in the State Health Wing. It is proposed to function for 24 hours.
- Ambulance Vans fitted with essential equipments have been provided to all the 27 District Hospitals for the benefit of accident victims.
- In all the CHCs, Taluk Hospitals and District Hospitals "Drugs Distribution Centres" have been established in such a way that it is visible to everyone.
- Budget for supply of drugs has been enhanced from Rs. 75,000 to Rs. 1,00,000 for each Primary Health Centre and from Rs. 1,00,000 to Rs. 2,00,000 for each Community Health Centre. Budget for supply of Drugs has been enhanced to 2-3 times to Other Hospitals.