STATE INSTITUTE OF HEALTH & FAMILY WELFARE(SIHFW)
The Institute was started in the year 1996-97 under IPP-IX KARNATAKA PROJECT. During 2000-01 National Institute of Health and Family Welfare, New Delhi recognized this institute as Collaborating Training Institution (CTI) for RCH, NIHFW, and is a Nodal Centre for e-Learning courses such as : Professional Development Course (e-PDC) and Program Management Support Unit (e-PMSU). The SIHFW is a Nodal Centre in South India for Distant Learning Courses in Hospital Management, Diploma in Health Promotion and Diploma in Health and Family Welfare Management.
• To streamline the training activities at the State level so as to maintain the quality and uniformity in the trainings.
• To start long term courses like - Post Graduate Diploma in Health Education and Public Health Education Nursing course.
• To develop the training curriculum for medical as well para-medical staff in the department.
• To plan the training activities in the state under various programmes.
• Monitoring and evaluation of training.
Staff Positions of SIHFW
|Sl.No||Name of the Post||Sanctioned||Remarks|