Table of Registration Fees
(As Amended upto 23-01-2002)
exercise of the powers conferred by Section 78 of the Registration Act, 1908
the Government of Karnataka hereby amends the notification No.RD 403 ESR 85,
dated 27th May 1986 No. RD 184 MUNOMU 97 (p) dated 1st April 1997, RD 254
MUNOMU 98 dated 31.3.1998 and RD 467 MUNOMU 98 dated 23rd February 1999, RD
No.169 MUNOMU 2000, dated 31-3-2000, RD No. 164, MUNOMU 2001 (1) dated
31-3-2001 and fixes the fees with effect from first day of April, 2001 as
The Following are documents on which registration
fees is leviable on an ad-valorem scale on the amount or Value
relating to Deposit of Title Deeds
copy of decree or order of Court
of movable Property
The Fee leviable on Partition Deed
The fee for the Registration of a surrender of a
Documents on which fee shall be calculated according
to the ad-valorem scale in Article I but subject to maximum of Rs. 100.00
of payment of consideration
of mortgage liens
of Mortgage liens
the Receipt of Installment of Mortgages
or Duplicates presented for registration
executed in pursuance of some other document
- Documents on which a fixed fee shall be levied.
- For Registration of an Adoption Deed, the fee
payable shall be 1[Rs. 200.]
- For Registration of a will when presented open,
the fee payable shall be 2[Rs. 200.]
- The fee payable on a document canceling a will.
- The fee for deposit of a sealed cover
containing a will
- The fee for opening a sealed-cover 1[Rs.100]
according to the rate laid down in Article XIII 4[Rs. 1,000.]
- The fee for withdrawal of a sealed cover
- Re-registration of Documents
- Searches and Inspection
- Copying fees, Grant of copies, etc.,comparing printed copies of documents presented
- Making or granting copies of entries and
documents for the benefit of any person
- Granting copy of map plan
- Government officers requiring copies of
entries, documents, maps or plans
- Extra or Additional fees:
- Commission or attendance at a Private residence
- Summons or warrants process fee
- Allowance for Document withdrawn before
- fixed fee of Rs. 250 for appeal etc.
- fixed fee of Rs. 50 for Application made to
sub-registrar u/s 25(2) and 34(4) of Registration Act, 1908 etc.
- re-registration of a document partly refused in
the first instance
- filing translation under Section 62
- For proceeding to and returning from a private
residence or a jail
- safe custody and return of any document
presented for registration
- For every copy of the memorandum to be sent
under Sections 64 and 66
- For the authentication or attestation of a
power of attorney
- Application Fee made to Sub Registrar.
- Exemption of fee for state/central government.
- Concession and Exemption of registration fee
for certain category of documents.
- Concession and Exemption for issue of
- Maximum Registration fee payable.