Main functions and services offered by the department are: Functions:
1. Registration of Documents.
2. Registration of Marriages under Hindu Marriage Act, Special Marriage Act and Parsy Marriage Act.
3. Registration of Partnership Firms.
4. Collection of revenue to the government in the form of Stamp duty and Registration fee.
5. Refund of stamps in respect of unused or spoiled stamps or excess paid.
6. Deposit of Wills brought for deposition.
7. Preservation and Maintenance of permanent records containingcopies of the registered documents, marriages, firms and their indexes.
8. Sending J-Forms to the Revenue Department in respect of transactions containing transfer of agricultural lands.