The Department of Stamps & Registration is
the third highest revenue generating department for the Government of Karnataka
with a revenue collection of Rs. 6226.22 crores for 2013-2014 Documents
registered – 16.74 lakhs. Sanctioned staff strength of the department including
officers and staff is 1662.The department has a large cutting edge interaction
Main functions and services offered by the department are:
1. Registration of Documents.
2. Registration of Marriages under Hindu
Marriage Act, Special Marriage Act and Parsy Marriage Act.
3. Registration of Partnership Firms.
4. Collection of revenue to the government in
the form of Stamp duty and Registration fee.
5. Refund of stamps in respect of unused or
spoiled stamps or excess paid.
6. Deposit of Wills brought for
7. Preservation and Maintenance of permanent
copies of the registered documents, marriages, firms and their indexes.
8. Sending J-Forms to the Revenue Department in respect of
transactions containing transfer of agricultural lands.
1. Issue of Encumbrance Certificates.
2. Issue of Certified Copies of Documents.
3. Issue of copies of the Marriage
4. Issue of copies of records of Firms registered and filed
with the department.