1. Short term Training Programmed in Poultry Production.
A 5 day short term training programme is organized in all
our Regional Centre of K.C.P.F and C.P.D.O Training Centre at Hessarghatta.
In this training programme every month 30-40 candidates
would be given training in poultry federation management, of poultry, feed and
purchase, Disease control measures. The training provided free of cost &
also stipend would be provided.
1. Reduction in unemployment and will generation self
employment to rural youth.
2. Adoption of modern technologies in poultry production.
3. In the year 2017-18 a target of 1000 candidates is fixed.
2. Production of Backyard chicks for backyard poultry
To promote Backyard poultry farming in Karnataka production
and rearing of backyard poultry chicks is being done in one KCPF, Regional
centre, Dharwad. Giriraja, Chabro,
Swarnadhara chicks are produced and given to farmers for rearing, at the cost
fixed by the Animal Husbandry Department.
Rearing is also being done at one KCPF, Regional centre,
Kalburgi, here chicks are reared till six weeks and distributed to farmers
through Department of AHVS, at rate fixed by the department.
In the year 2017 a target to produce 1.00 lakh chicks is
1. Eradication of malnutrition in rural areas.
2. Promoting eggs and meat consumption in rural areas.
3. Providing supplementary income to rural families.
3. Assistance to establish 500 Broiler units to unemployed
In this scheme financial assistance is given to unemployed
youth for establishing 500 broiler units. The project cost for this scheme is
Rs.1,60,000/- where in Rs.40,000/- subsidy is given to General category and
Rs.52,800/- subsidy is given to SC/ST persons. Remaining amount of the project
cost should be financed from Nationalized Banks / Regional Co-operative Banks
In the year 2017-18 the target is to provide assistance to
189 units at Financial target of Rs.81.00 lakhs
Improvement in economic status of unemployed rural youth by
providing assistance for the establishment of 500 Broiler units.
4. Extension & Publicity:
1. Organizing Technical Seminars.
Four Technical Seminars will be organized every year one in
each in Revenue division to officers of the AHVS Department, Poultry
entrepreneurs and farmers. In this seminar experts in poultry industry will participate & share their
expertise & experiences about modern technology practice in poultry
industry and production and also
interact with the delegates through
1. Address the problems faced by poultry farmers.
2. Encouragement to farmers for taking poultry farming.
3. Provide information regarding schemes & modern
technologies in poultry farming.
5. Study tour programme to poultry farmers.
A Study tour is conducted every year to interested poultry
farmers / entrepreneurs by our KCPF, regional centres at Belgaum, Gulburga,
Mysore, Dharwad and Bangalore. A batch of 50 farmers will be taken to government
poultry farms and well maintained and modernized poultry farms and information
will be provided to them.