Last modified at 31/03/2016 15:09 by Ksfes
About The Department
KARNATAKA STATE FIRE AND EMERGENCY SERVICES DEPARTMENT
Fire & Emergency Services in Karnataka was first established in the year 1942 in
Bangalore South & North under the administrative control of the
Police department. Later, during the reorganization of the state, a few
more fire stations at Bellary, Hospet, Mangalore, Udupi & Raichur
were added to the Karnataka State. This system of functioning of fire
services under the administrative control of the police department was
continued till the enactment of Karnataka State Fire Services Act in 1964. Under the provisions of this Act, a separate Directorate of Fire & Emergency Services was created on 05-11-1965. Since
then the department is working under the administrative control of the
Director General of Fire & Emergency Services. Normally this post is
held by an officer of the rank of Director General of Police. The
Director General of Police also functions as the Commandant General of
Home Guards and Ex-officio Director of Civil Defence.
Director General of Fire & Emergency Services is assisted by the
following officers in the day to day functioning of the department both
in administration and technical matters.
- Inspector General of Police & Additional Director General - On posting from Police.
- Deputy Inspector General of Fire Services. - On posting from Police.
- Director. - Department Officer.
- Deputy Director (Technical) - Department Officer.
- Deputy Director (Administration) - Department Officer.
- Deputy Director (Fire Prevention) - Department officer.
- Administrative Officer - Department Officer.
- Asst. Controller of Accounts - On posting from State Accounts Department.