|The Karnataka State Women's Development Corporation was established in the year 1987 under Companies Registration Act 1956 with an authorized share capital of Rs.10 crores in the beginning. This was raised to Rs.15 crores in the year 2002. The paid up capital of the Company is 12.34 crores, out of which Rs.2.84 crores has been provided by the Government of India and Rs.9.50 crores by the Government of Karnataka. KSWDC is a limited company by Shares Incorporated under the Companies Act, 1956. The registered office of the Corporation is at 6 th floor, Jayanagar Shopping Complex, 4 th Block, Jayanagar, Bangalore – 560011.|
|The Objectives of the Corporation are :-|
- To Promote schemes for ‘sustained income generating activities' among women's groups and women from the weaker sections of the society. Priority shall be given to single women, and women belonging to households eligible for assistance under the Integrated Rural Development Project
- Identification of women entrepreneurs (individuals, co-operatives, associations, etc.)
- Preparation of a shelf of viable projects and providing technical consultancy services
- Facilitating the availability of credit through banks and other financial institutions through the scheme of margin money assistance.
- Promotion of marketing of products/goods manufactured or produced through tie-up arrangements with State Level Marketing Organisations
- Promoting and strengthening of Women's Co-operatives and other Organisations
- Arranging and training of beneficiaries in the concerned trade, project formulation and financial management through existing institutions such as Women's Polytechnics and ITIs
- The activities of the Corporation shall only cover those sections of women who qualify for assistance under the Integrated Rural Development Project.