SRI. R. CHANDRASHEKAR
Law Commission of Karnataka
(District & Sessions Judge (Retd.))
|1)||Date and Place of Birth||:||14-11-1952 at Palahalli, Srirangapatna Taluk, Mandya District|
|2)||Parents||:||Smt. Chikkathayamma and|
late Sri. D. Ramegowda
|3)||Educational Qualifications||:||B.Sc., L.L.B. from Mysore University,|
|4)||Law Practice||:||Enrolled as an Advocate on the roll of Karnataka Bar Council and practiced for eight years as an Advocate from 1977 to 1985 at Mysore in the Chamber's of late Sri. R. Srinivasachar on Civil, Criminal & Revenue side.|
- Joined Karnataka Judicial Service during 1985 as Munsiff and Magistrate.
- Promoted as Civil Judge during 1996.
- Promoted as District & Sessions Judge in May, 2003 & retired in November, 2012
|6) ||Details of the Post held & Places ||:|
- Munsiff & Magistrate at Somawarpet, Bangalore, Shimoga, Holenarasipura and Mudigere.
- Civil Judge at Shimoga & Belgaum.
- District & Sessions Judge at Davanagere & Bangalore.
- Addl. Registrar for Enquiries at Karnataka Lokayukta, Bangalore
- Chairman, Legal Cell at Karnataka Lokayukta, Bangalore.
- Registrar (Administration) at High Court of Karnataka, Bangalore.
- After retirement appointed as Director, Arbitration Center of Karnataka, Bangalore during December, 2012. Worked as such till 20th August, 2014
|7) ||Post presently holding||:||Member Secretary, Law Commission of Karnataka, Vidhana Soudha, Bangalore from 21st August, 2014.|
* * * * *