UG and PG Department of Computer Science
Department of Computer Science was established in 1990 at Undergraduate level with Physics,Mathematics,Computer Science combination. In 2007-2008 the college got approval from AICTE, Bangalore University and Government of Karnataka for starting Master Degree Programme in MCA (Master of Computer Application). Ours is the first government college under the jurisdiction of Department of Collegiate education and in Karnataka state to get approval from AICTE for introducing MCA.
The Department continues promoting innovative research and education programme in the core computer science as well as multi-disciplinary application areas.
FACULTY LIST WITH QUALIFICATION
Bhagyavana S Mudigoudra
Associate Professor & Head
M.Sc(CS)., M.Sc (Organic)., (Ph. D –Thesis Submitted)
MCA, M.Phil, Ph.D
Bhaskar H S
MCA, M.Phil, (e-MBA)
Punya H N
Nagaratnamma S M
PAPER PRESENTATIONS & PUBLICATIONS
- Dr.N.G.Yethiraj. (2014) “A Comparative Study on Time Based and Feature Driven Release Management Techniques in Free and Open Source Software Projects”, Volume 2(3), pp. 06-11. ISSN: 2278-9669, with the Impact Factor 1.132, July 2014.
- Dr.N.G.Yethiraj. (2014) “Agricultural Data Mining – Exploratory and Predictive Model for finding Agricultural Product Patterns”, Volume 2(3), pp. 12-19. ISSN: 2278-9669, with the Impact Factor 1.132, July 2014.
- Dr.N.G.Yethiraj. (2012) “Applying Data Mining Techniques In the field of Agriculture and Allied Sciences”., Volume 1, Issue 2, International Journal of Business Intelligents., pp. 72-76. ISSN: 2278-2400.
- Dr.N.G.Yethiraj. (2012) “Improvement of Software Quality, Maintenance and Reliability using Data Mining Techniques”, Volume 1, Issue 1, International Journal of Data Mining Techniques and Applications. pp. 101-106. ISSN: 2278-2419.
- Dr.N.G.Yethiraj. (2011) “An efficient comparison of two clustering algorithms in Data Mining”, Volume 5, Issue 1-2, International Journal of Computer Mathematical Sciences and Applications. Pp. 39-47. ISSN: 0973-6786.
- Dr.N.G.Yethiraj. A Book has been written titled “Computer Fundamentals” prescribed by the Bangalore University for III Semester B.Com, BBM Students published by Kalyani Publishers, Printed in 2013 at New Delhi, India.
- Dr.N.G.Yethiraj. A Book has been written titled “Computer Applications in Business and Management” prescribed by VTU, Belgaum and also Bangalore University for MBA, MCA, BE, B.Com, BBM and B.Sc Students published by IK International Publications New Delhi, Printed in 2014 at New Delhi, India.
- Nagendra.R. Intelligent Semantic Websearch Engines. UGC Sponsored State Level Conference on Next-Gen Computing Technologies organised by Shree ManibhaiVirani And Smt.NavalbenVirani Science college,Rajkot,Gujarat on 05th of March 2011.
- Nagendra.R. Nanotechnology Statistical Data Mining. National seminar on “Recent trends and Future of Information Technology” organised by Dr.V.R.Goddhania Arts, Commerce, Home-Science and Information Technology College for Girls, Porbander on 24/12/2010
- Bhaskar H S A Book has been written titled “C++ & DBMS” prescribed by the Bangalore University for III Semester B.Sc, BA Students published by Subhash Publications, Printed in 2006 at Bangalore, India.
- Bhaskar H S A Book has been written titled “Analysis and Design of Algorithms” prescribed by Bangalore University for VI Sem BCA Students published by Subhash Publications, Printed in 2009 at Bangalore, India.
- Bhaskar.H.S delivered a lecture on INTERNET- WORKING & APPLICATIONS at Govt. First Grade College, Magadi.
- Bhaskar.H.S delivered a lecture on “Computational Numerical Methods and its Applications” at RJS First Grade College.
- Bhaskar.H.S delivered a lecture on "Ethics and Values in Students of UG & PG" at Noble School Of Business.
- Bhaskar.H.S delivered a lecture on "Role of Students in Nation Building" at Noble School Of Business.
PUBLICATIONS IN PROCEEDINGS
- Dr. N.G.Yethiraj. 2010. An efficient comparison of two clustering algorithms in data mining. Poceedingsof the international conference on convergence of science & engineering in education & research A global perspective in the new millennium organized at Dayanandasagar institutions .
- Nagendra.R.2011. Intelligent Semantic Websearch Engines. Proceedings of UGC Sponsored State Level Conference on Next-Gen Computing Technologies organised by Shree ManibhaiVirani And Smt.NavalbenVirani Science college,Rajkot,Gujarat.
RESULTS OF PAST 3 YEARS AS GRAPHS – I Yr, II Yr, III Yr
MCA RESULT ANALYSIS
The Department is equipped with Four laboratories to cater the needs of the today’s industry/research establishments. All the systems housed in each laboratory are in a LAN and can be looked to either Linux environment/work as a stand alone system on windows – XP/ Windows 7 professional platform.
Laboratory – 1 :
Laboratory – 1 consists of presently 20 high end acer machines AMD phenom(tm) II x2550 processor 3.10 GHZ, 2GB RAM, Windows-7 32 bit operating system
Laboratory – 2:
Laboratory – 2 consists of presently 20 high end HP machines Intel core 2 Duo 3.00 GHZ, 2GB RAM, windows XP 32 bit operating system
Laboratory – 3:
Laboratory – 3 consists of presently 20 Heterogeneous machines Loaded with Linux Operating system and Windows XP Operating system
Teaching Aid Equipments:
The Department is equipped with ICT teaching aids like OHPs, LCD projectors, for handling theory and practical classes in an effective manner and for better understanding of the subjects in a semester scheme.
The department has an internet speed line of 2 Mbps connectivity. Internet facility is provided to both students and staff for the effective usage of resources.
FACULTY PROFILE of COMPUTER SCIENCE DEPARTMENT
Bhagyavana S Mudigoudra M.Sc(CS)., M.Sc (Organic)., (Ph. D –Thesis Submitted).,
Associate Professor & Head
Gayathri G MCA., M.Phil
Dr.Yethiraj N G MCA., M.Phil., Ph.D
- Awarded as “Best Paper Award” at First National Level Conference on Future Technological Perspective (FTP 11) entitled “Data Mining for Software Reliability” organized by S. Nijalingappa College (KLE Society’s) held on 22nd
Bhaskar H S MCA., M.Phil., (e-MBA)
Punya H N MCA., M.Phil.,
Nagendra R MCA., M.Phil.,
- ’Nanotechnology Statistical Data Mining” at National seminar on “Recent trends and future of Information Technology” held on 24th December, 2010 at Porbandar, Gujarat.
- ‘’Intelligent Semantic Web Search Engines” at UGC Sponsored National Conference on “Next Gen Computing Technologies” held on 05th March, 2011 at Rajkot, Gujarat.
Nagaratnamma S M MCA., M.Phil.,