GOVERNMENT OF KARNATAKA
No. PWD 1370 FC-I/2001 Karnataka Government Secretariat,
Vidhana Soudha, Bangalore, dated 30.03.2002
Sub: Guidelines for development of roads in Sugar Factory Areas.
(1) Circular No. PWD 100 FC-1/2000 dated 15.07.2000
(2) Circular No. PWD 100 FC-1/2000 dt : 31.01.2001
(3) The Proceedings of the meeting held on 24.01.2002 in the chambers of Secretary, FD
In the circular dated 15.07.2000 detailed guidelines were issued for development of roads in sugar factory areas. Subsequently in the circular dated 31.01.2001 certain modifications to the guidelines were also issued in addition to the earlier issued vide circular dated 15.07.2000 and 31.01.2001.
1) Government agrees for providing non lapsable 'Sugar Cess Fund'. The required budget provision based on cess collection made two years prior to the budget will be provided under the Head of Account 5054-04-800-1-04. The Commissioner, Sugar Cane Development will continue to operate it from the above provision in respect of ZPs the Government in Finance Department will release LOC in respect of roads taken up by PWD and Irrigation Department under intimation to Commissioner, Sugarcane Development and Director of Sugar. At the end of the financial year the Commissioner shall draw the balance grant from the above head and deposit to PD Account authorised.
2) The Commissioner, Sugarcane Development and Director of Sugar, should operate the sugar cess fund through P.D. Account, so as to enable him to operate the fund continuously without lapse of the fund.
3) Selection of roads for taking up in the year shall be decided by the committee under the chairmanship of DC with local MLA/MLC and E.E.s of ZPs and PWD and WRD and representatives of sugar factories as members. The Committee shall prioritise, select the roads and recommend for sanction.
4) The Commissioner of Sugar Cane Development and the Director of Sugar will continue to be the nodal officer and is authorised to sanction the action plan of each sugar factory based on the cess as per the guidelines already issued.
5) The roads approved will be executived by PWD, WRD & ZP in their respective jurisdiction.
6) No other agency other than ZPs, PWD, WRD are allowed to take up and execute the works.
The above guidelines are in addition to the earlier guidelines issued in circular dated 15.07.2000 and 31.01.2001.
GOVERNMENT OF KARNATAKA
No. PWD 100 FC-1/2000 Karnataka Government Secretariat
Subject : Guidelines of development of roads in Sugar Factory Areas
In Circular hearing No. PWD 100 FC-1/2000 dated 15.07.2000 the following corrections shall be noted relating to the circular instructions and guidelines issued for the development of roads in Sugar Factory areas.
In Para (iii) the following sub-para is added:
The amount provided under this Head of Account will be in addition to the regular budgetary provision made in the respective departments namely P.W.D., Irrigation Department and Zilla Panchayat Engineering Divisions and this amount of Cess shall not be treated as in lieu of the departmental provisions. In other words these departments will continue to make budgetary provisions under the regular departmental works to the extent admissible and possible in the sugar factory areas.
Last sentence of Para (vii) substituted by:
In respect of roads coming under the control of PWD and Irrigation Department L.O.C. will be released by Finance Department to PWD and Irrigation Departments based on the recommendations of Director of Sugar to the Secretary, PWD.
The following provision is added after para viii:
ix) The Chief Engineer, PWD (Communication and Buildings) North/South as the case may be, Jurisdictional Chief Engineer of the Irrigation Department of the respective sugar factories and the Chief Accounts Officers of Zilla Panchayat shall get their respective departmental figures of expenditure reconciled with those booked by the Accountant General and a Report shall be furnished to the Commissioner for Cane Development and Director of Sugar by them.
After para ix) the following provision shall be added:
x) The respective Implementing Agencies namely Executive Engineers, PWD Irrigation Department and Zilla Panchayat Engineering Divisions as the case may be shall be responsible for proper execution of work and furnishing Completion Certificates and Utilisation certificate road-wise/work-wise after completion of each work to the Commissioner for Cane Development and Director of Sugar Factory (through CEO in respect of ZP) and they shall also certify the proper completion and satisfactory quality of the work after completion of each work.
Special Officer & Ex-Officio
Deputy Secretary to Government
PWD (Finance Cell)
GOVERNMENT OF KARNATAKA
Karnataka Government Secretaraiat
Bangalore, dated 15th July 2000
Subject : Guidelines for development of roads in Sugar Factory Areas
It has been decided to link the Development of Roads in the Sugar Factory areas the actual collection of Cess. In this regard the following procedure be followed:
i) Cess at the rate of Rs. 10/- per ton will be collected by the Commercial Taxes Department. A separate head of account should be operated to accommodate the receipts from Road Cess. The amount collected shall be remitted to the head of account 0040-00-102-0-07 (Cess on Purchase of sugar cane)
ii) The amount collected under the cess districtwise should be quarterly informed by the Commissioner of Commercial Taxes to the Commissioner Sugarcane Development and Director of Sugar.
iii) Budget provision for development of roads in sugar factory areas for a financial year will be made with reference to the actual collections made in the year two years prior to the budget year. For example, this budget provision for 2000-01 will be equal to the actual collection during 1998-99.
iv) The Commissioner of Sugarcane Development and Director of Sugar should prepare an Annual action plan for development of roads in the sugar factory areas by consulting both PWD and ZP Engineering Divisions. He will be fully responsible for preparation of work plan and monitoring of the implementation.
v) The Commissioner of Sugar Cane development and Director of Sugar should also consult Karnataka State Federation of Co-operative Sugar Factories Limited and south Indian Sugar Mills Association, before finalising the action plan.
vi) The cess realised from a particular sugar factory should as far as possible be spent for the development of roads in that sugar factory area.
vii) The head of account 5054-04-800-0-04 will be operated by Directorate of Sugar. The amount apportioned for ZP Roads as per the action plan will be released by the Director of Sugar. In respect of roads coming under the control of PWD LOC will be released by Finance Department to PWD, based on the recommendation of Director of Sugar to Secretary, PWD.
viii) The Commissioner for Sugar cane development and Director of Sugar will be the controlling officer for the purpsoe of reconciliation between the department figures of expenditure with those booked by the Accountant General.