Ensure Food Security and also to make Agriculture a sustainable and viable vocation for livelihood support by 2020.
1. To achieve the targeted growth rate of 4.5% in the agriculture sector by enhancing agriculture production and improving the income level of farmers by successful implementation of various state and central schemes.
2. To offer outstanding educational opportunities, generate appropriate research output to address the contemporary challenges facing in agriculture and allied areas.
3. To develop excellent globally competitive human resource for sustainable agriculture development.
4. To effectively conserve, develop natural resources and their sustainable use.
1. Promoting sustainable Agriculture.
2. Ensuring food and nutritional security by increasing production and productivity.
3. Generation and transfer of technology.
4. Promoting investments in agriculture.