- Patients admitted in General Ward of the hospitals coming under the BMCRI have to deposit bed charges in advance of 10 days at the rates approved by Government from time to time (currently Rs. ……). This entitles them for doctors consultation, certain basic investigations, life saving medicines and surgical items, diet, linen, I.V. fluids etc.
- For allotment in Private Wards, after recommendation by the treating doctor, patient should contact the Medical Superintendent Office. A waiting list is maintained and the private room is allotted as per the waiting list. The hospitalization charges of private room are as under:-
Deluxe(A Class) -Rs. ……./- per day (Inclusive of doctors visit fee Semi Deluxe(B Class) -Rs. ……/- per day and routine investigation, diet etc.) Private ward patients are charged additionally for specific investigations, procedures, operations etc.
- All in-patients receive treatment by team of Resident Doctors and Nurses, available round the
clock, under the supervision and guidance of Faculty Members of BMCRI.
- Hospital Attendants are available in different wards to help in patient care and related activities.
- Indoor services have central air conditioning, hot and cold water, toilets, portable X-ray machines,
ECG services - Generator back up, emergency lights, internal telephone, chairs
for attendants etc.
- Waste disposal is done as per the established rules (Biomedical waste management and handling rules, 1998) and utmost care is taken to keep the premises neat and clean.
- Every inpatient is provided with two attendant passes.
- Visitors are allowed only during notified visiting hours ………
- Special Investigations like USG, CT, etc. are charged as per the rates approved by Government and revised from time to time.
- For very poor patients, on recommendation of treating Doctor, the hospital charges may be waived off by Med. Supdt./ his nominee and costly drugs/surgical items may be provided by the hospital. Financial assistance is also available through Chief Minister's Relief Fund, Yashashwini and other such funds.
- Bed linen is changed at the time of admission, thereafter on every alternate day and also whenever required.
- Food is served three times a day. Tea is also provided in the morning.
- Facilities provided in private ward - Each room has - attached toilets & bath room, T.V. with cableconnection, Refrigerator, A.C., sofas, bed for attendant, chairs and table, geyser, emergency light, phone with incoming facility etc.
- Destitute unattended patients are provided with attendants from hospital, drugs & surgical items are provided from hospital and all hospital charges are waived. Medical Superintend help
- In locating and calling the relatives/family members of unattended/unknown patients Destitute patients are relocated to some destitute home after discharge from hospital.
- Short Admissions requiring stay for less than 24 hours are done for minor illness/some investigations/Interventions.
- Day care facility is available for certain types of operations. e.g. laparoscopic surgery; day carechemotherapy; blood transfusion, dialysis, endoscopies and similar interventions.
- Operation Theratres
ICUs The hospital has fully equipped Main ICU care.
- The institute has fully equipped modern Operation Theatres, where all kinds of major and minor surgeries are performed using the latest techniques and technology.
- For routine surgeries, the respective departments maintain waiting list. Patients are called and operated upon as per the waiting list. But, in case of emergencies/urgencies, the out of turn surgeries are also performed, at the discretion at the treating doctors.
- The patient should get his Pre-Anaesthetic check up during afternoon before getting admitted for operation and follow the instructions given by the treating Doctors.
There are ICUs/HDUs in few wards of main hospital and CTVS ICU & NS ICU in CN Centre. Patients requiring urgent ICU care are admitted to ICUs at the discretion of treating Doctors.Laboratory Services
- Emergency Lab - 24 hours, throughout the year, for all emergency investigations.
- Routine Lab - Sample Collection Timings:-Weeks Days - 9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
General Holiday - 9:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- All type of routine and special investigations incl. Biochemical, microbiological, pathology, immunology and genetic studies are done at BMCRI.
- Blood Bank:- BMCRI has a licensed modern, state of the art Blood Bank that functions 24 hours a day and provides facilities for blood donation, storage, issue of blood and its components. Strict precautions are taken and testing is done to prevent any borne infection. If your patient requires blood transfusions, then you are requested to arrange healthy blood donors for donating blood in order to reduce shortage of blood.
- Miscellaneous Facilities
- Ambulance facility is available to transfer patients to other hospitals or meet any exigency/disastersituation.
- If required, patients' attendants may stay in Dharmashala after paying the prevailing charges situated near the Victoria Century Building.