Functions and Powers of the Governing Council
(Publishing Information under Right to Information Act, 2005 under section 4(1)(b))
It shall be the function or the Governing Council generally to carry out the objects or the Society as set forth in the Memorandum of Association.
The Governing Council shall have the management of all the affairs and funds of the Society and shall have authority to exercise all the powers of the Society subject to such limitation in respect of expenditure as the Govt. of Karnataka may from time to time impose.
Subject to the provision of the memorandum, the Governing Council shall have full powers and authority to do all act, matters, things and deeds which may be necessary or expendient for the purpose of the Society and without any manner derogating from the generality of their powers in particular the following :
- To prepare and execute detailed plans and programmes for the establishment of the Society and to carry on its administration and management after such establishment,
- To look after and manage the institution and properties of the Society and to spend moneys required for that purpose;
- To received grants and contributions and to have custody of the funds relating to the centre.
- To enter in to an agreement with the Govt. of India / Govt. of Karnataka, and other public and private organizations of individuals in India or abroad for securing or gift to the society on mutually agreed terms and conditions, donations or gift, if any, shall not be inconsistent or in conflict with the nature or objects of the society or with the provisions of these rules:
- To prepare the budget budget estimates of the society for the year, and to sanction the expenditure thereof;
- To prescribe and conduct courses of training in the centre.
- To prescribe rules and regulations for the admission of students to various courses of training.
- To lay down starard of proficiency to be demonstrated before the award of certificate of competence in respect of the courses offered by the centre;
- To establish procedures to sell of dispose of moulds, dies or tools etc., produced in the Centre:
- To establish procedure in respect of service and technical advice to be rendered to the industry by the society and the levy and collection of charges for the same;
- To lay down procedure for appointment of officers and staff under the society ; and terms and tenure of appointment, emoluments, allowances and rules of discipline and other conditions of service ; and to arrange for their training in India or abroad where necessary;
- To create technical administrative ministrial and other posts under the centre other than the post of Director and to make appointments there to and to prescribe for them terms and conditions of appointment, emoluments , allowances, rules and discipline and other conditions of service ; and to arrange for their training in India or abroad wher necessary;
- To institute and award followships, Scholarships, Prizes and Medals;
- To provide for the supervision, and residence,health,discipline and well – being of the trainees;
- To co-operate with any other oranisation of centre in to arrangemernts for and on behalf of the society for the fulfilment of the objects of the society ;
- To retain or employ professional or technical advisers, consultants to further the objectives of the society and to pay thereof such honorarium, fees or remuneration as may be thought expedient.
- To co-operate with any other organisation or enter into arrangements for and on behalf of the society for the fulfilment of the objects of the society;
- To retain or employ professional or technical advisers, consultants to further the objectives opf the society and to pay thereof such honorarium, fees of remuneration as may be thought expedient;
- To accept and receive advisers of experts deputed by danida to work in the centre on such terms and conditions as may be agreed upon between the Governments of India and denmark from time to time;
- To execute contracts including the investment of the funds of the society and the sale or alteration of such investment;
- To constitute Regional Councils the investment of the funds of the society and the sale or alteration of such investment'
- To constitute Regioonal Councils and appoint financial and other committees or subcommittees for carrying out the objects of the society and to delegate any of powers may be appointed to such Regional Council, committees or sub-committees;
- To delegate to such extent as it may deem necessary, any of its powers to any officer or committee of the society; and
- To perform such other functions and to carryout such duties, as may from time to time be assigned to it by the Govt. of Karnataka.
Subject to these rules and Bye-Laws the Governing Council shall have the power to appoint officers and staff conducting the affairs of the society and to fix the amount of their remuneration and to define their duties.
The Governing Council shall have the power to take over and acquire by purchase, gift or otherwise from the government and other public bodies, or private individuals willing to transfer, movable and immovable properties, endowments or other funds together with any attendant obligations and engagements not inconsistent with the objects stated in the Memorandum of Association and the provisions of these Rules.