Budget Paragraphs | Budget Allocation 2015-16 and Progress of expenditure | Budget Allocation SCSP and TSP
Budget paragraphs relating to Health and Family Welfare Department extracted from the Budget Speech presented by Hon'ble Chief Minister on 13.3.2015
Para 7: . . . .Rajiv Arogya Bhagya. a scheme formulated and implemented by our Government for the first time in the country applicable to even to the families above poverty line has provided, health security for all.
Health and Family Welfare
Para 157 : Achievements of 2014-15
- Infant Mortality Rate (IMR) in the state has come down to 31 per 1000 live births.
- Increase in institutional deliveries to 99%.
- Percentage of children to whom Vitamin-A Syrup has been administered is increased to 93%.
- Mortality rate of children below 5 years is 37 per 1000 live births and thus millennium development goal has been achieved.
- Our State has become the first in the country to ensure the Universal Health Coverage in providing tertiary health care with the introduction of Rajiv Arogya Bhagya for the APL families and the Jyothi Sanjeevini Scheme for the Government employees.
- A programme "Super Tuesdays" has been introduced in all hospitals of the state, catering specially to the needs of the mentally ill persons through "Mano Chaithanya" and "Manasa Dhara" programmes on every Tuesday.
- Programme for sickle cell anemia screening and treatment has been organized for the tribal population in the districts of Mysore, Chamarajanagar, Chickkamagaluru, Kodagu, Dakshina Kannada and Uttara Kannada.
New programmes for 2015-16
Para 158 : e-hospital software will be implemented in all the hospitals of the state with a view to document and utilize the health information of every patient visiting Government hospitals in the state. This will help improving the administration of health care to the patients.
Para 159 : By establishing Intensive Care Units (ICUs) with ventilators in all district hospitals and a few taluk hospitals, treatment will be provided for patients suffering from severe diseases.
Para 160 : System of grant based supply of medicines exists hitherto in all Government hospitals of the state. Henceforth, supply of essential medicines will be made to all hospitals as per the requirements. With this, all patients will get free medicine.
Para 161: Five laboratories will be established in the state at Bellary, Hubli, Bagalkot, Mysore and Mangaluru for detection of communicable diseases like H1N1, Dengue, Malaria, Chikunguniya.
Para 162: With a view to prevent female foeticide in the state, real time data will be documented through internet from all ultra-sound scanning centres, which will be monitored till delivery.
Para 163: By installing digital software in the high frequency x-ray machines of the taluk and district hospitals, action will be taken to get the opinion and advice of experts by way of sending the x-ray reports to the higher level hospitals through tele-radiology.
Para 164: Taluk and district level hospitals will be linked to medical colleges through tele-medicine. With this, opportunity will be provided to the doctors of taluk and district level hospitals in providing good treatment to the patients by getting advice of the expert doctors in the medical colleges.
Para 165: "Arogya Sahayavani (104)" "Phone Doctor" programme will be popularized.
Para 166: With a view to provide good treatment facility to the patients by dentists in Government hospitals, dental laboratories in all districts will be established.
Para 167: Integrated AYUSH Hospitals will be established at Mangaluru and Gadag.