About IGP Vigilance Cell
The Irrigation Vigilance Cell was created vide GO. ¤A.E. 16 MBI 2000, Bangalore, dated 04.04.2000. The Cell is headed by a Senior Police Officer, of the Cadre of Inspector General of Police.
The duties of the Irrigation Vigilance Cell are as follows:
- Inspection of the quality of the work executed by the Irrigation Department.
- Inspection and review of progress of Works under implementation.
- Identification & investigation of misappropriation in purchase of materials and vehicles.
- Identification and investigation of irregularities, fraudulent acts and dereliction of duties.
- Verify if adequate security has been made for offices, reservoirs and projects.
- Investigation of misconduct, misuse, corruption, etc charges against officials of the Irrigation Department.
- Any other work assigned by the Government.
The nature of issues referred to the Vigilance Cell for investigation includes the following:
- Bad quality of work.
- Delay in implementation of work.
- Improper supervision by the Engineers.
- Delay in land acquisition resulting in delay in execution and completion of works.
- Tender procedures as per KTPP Act not followed.
- Splitting up of work to bring within one’s sanctioning powers.
- Change in classification of Earth work excavation.
- Improper planning and designing of projects.
- Distribution of grants not being on objective basis but discretionary basis.
- Defects in investigation, design, specification and preparation of estimates.
- Defects in investigation, design, specification and preparation of estimates of Projects under BC soil.