Terms of Reference (2016-2019)
The Government of Karnataka re-notified the constitution of the Karnataka Jnana Aayoga vide its GO No. ED 354 URC 2016 Dated 2/8/2017 . The notification laid down the terms of reference, membership and other details of the Aayoga. The term of the KJA is for three years.
Dr. K. Kasturirangan continues to be the Chairman of the Aayoga. Presently the Aayoga has 36 members.
KJA has been tasked to focus on institution building, policy innovation and excellence in the field of education, health, science and technology, industry, entrepreneurship, research and innovation, traditional knowledge, agriculture, e-governance, rural development, etc., and other relevant areas in the context of Karnataka.
The following are the Terms of Reference of the Aayoga:
- To focus on institution building, policy innovation and excellence in the field of education, health, science and technology, industry, entrepreneurship, research and innovation, traditional knowledge, agriculture, e-governance, rural development and other relevant areas in the context of Karnataka.
- Build excellence in the educational system to meet the knowledge challenges of 21st Century and increase Karnataka's competitive advantage in the fields of knowledge.
- Promote creation of knowledge in all formal and non-formal educational, scientific and knowledge institutions of Karnataka.
- Improve the leadership and management of educational and knowledge institutions of Karnataka.
- Promote knowledge applications in agriculture, rural development, health, industry and other areas.
- Enhance the used of knowledge capabilities in making government an effective service provider to the citizen and promote widespread sharing of knowledge to maximize public benefit.
- Promote inter-sectoral interaction and interface with the objective of preservation, access, new concepts, creation, application, dissemination and services relating knowledge.
- Develop appropriate institutional frameworks to strengthen the education system, promote domestic research and innovation and facilitate knowledge application in various sectors.
- Leverage information and communication technologies to enhance governance, improve connectivity and reduce digital divide.
- Device mechanisms for exchange and interaction between knowledge systems in the global arena.
- Conserve indigenous and heritage knowledge in Karnataka for better utilization of time tested concepts and knowledge by society.