Karnataka Science and Technology Promotion Society (KSTePS) was established as an autonomous organization under the Department of Science and Technology, Government of Karnataka on 22nd November 2012. KSTePS is Chaired by the Secretary to Government, Department of Information Technology, Biotechnology and Science & Technology, while Special Director (Technical), DST is the Member Secretary. The Governing Body has a total of nine members.
KSTePS has been entrusted to implement flagship programs of the Department as well as for planning, monitoring, assessment and evaluationof the programs to derive benefits through effective coordination between the subsidiary organizations of DST.
- To serve as a mechanism to support the Department of Science and Technology in the preparation and implementation of its policy initiatives.
- To act as a nodal agency for channelizing funding for programs of Department of Science & Technology and for co-ordination between various implementing agencies.
- To co-ordinate all science and technology related activities in the State which are catalysed and supported by the Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of Karnataka.
- To discover priority areas of science and technology, which are useful for long term development of the State, so as to develop core competency in such areas.
- To act as nodal agency for development of nano park and extend all support services for promotion of nano-science and nano-technology in Karnataka.
- To extend support services to all investors and entrepreneurs interested in industrial investment in the nano-science and nano-technology as well as in other knowledge-based and innovative technologies in the field of science and technology.
- To co-ordinate and liaise with organizations of Govt. of India such as Department of Science and Technology, Department of Space, Department of Culture, Department of Earth Sciences etc. in working out collaborative and joint programmes/ventures in the field of science and technology.
- To act as facilitator and liaise with all concerned in establishment of science city, science centres (category-I & II) and other type of science establishments across the state depending on the need and type as well as to review, monitor, and evaluate functioning of the centres.
|Sl. No.||Name and Address||Designation|
|1||Principal Secretary to Govt., Department of IT, BT and S&T, Govt. of Karnataka||Chairman|
|2||Principal Secretary to Govt. (B&R) Dept. of Finance, Govt. of Karnataka||Member|
|3||Commissioner, Collegiate Education, GOK||Member|
|4||Officer on Special Duty, Department of IT, BT and S&T, GOK||Member|
|5||Director, Jawaharlal Neharu Planetarium, Bangalore||Member|
|6||Executive Secretary, Karnataka State Council for Science and Technology, Bangalore||Member|
|7||Director, Karnataka State Natural Disaster Monitoring Centre (KSNDMC), Bangalore||Member|
|8||Director, Dept. of State Education Research and training (DSERT), Bangalore||Member|
|9||Special Director (Technical), Dept. of S&T, Govt. of Karnataka||Member|