UG and PG Department of Physics
Department of Physics has its inception from 1938. The post graduate course was started in 2005.
Name of the Faculty
Associate Professor and Head
Dr. G. RAMGOPAL
G. KRISHNA REDDY
Dr. NADAF Y.F
Dr. G. VIJAYA KUMAR
HEMALATHA K S(FIP)
Dr. N. HANUMANTHARAJU
Dr.JAYASHREE.B (Deputed from APS College)
GIRIDHAR B G (Deputed from SSMRV College)
SANDHYA KULKARNI M.Sc., PhD
Associate Professor and Head
- Paper Presented at KBN College of Engineering in the ‘International Conference of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology’ held on 28-29 March 2011. Title of the Paper – Effect of Gamma irradiation on dielectric properties of ß-CaSiO3.
- Poster Presentation at MRC ,IISc, Bangalore in ‘Nano-Sec 2011’ held on 20-21 June 2011.
Membership in Academic Bodies
Member of ‘LUMINESCENCE SOCIETY OF INDIA’ KARNATAKA CHAPTER, BANGALORE.
Dr. RAMGOPAL G M.Sc., PhD
No of paper research Publications: 08
No of Presentations in Conferences: 11
KRISHNA REDDY G M.Sc., M.Phil.
Dr.SRIPRAKASH G M.Sc., PhD
Dr. HANUMANTHARAJU.N M.Sc., M.Phil. B.Ed., Ph.D
Dr. S S BELLAD M.Sc., Ph D.,
Papers published in National / International Journals:20
No. of Students guiding for Ph.D degree:02 (1 Submitted)
No. of Minor Research Projects completed:1 (UGC Sponsored)
Membership in academic bodies : Life member for Indian Society for Technical Education, New Delhi
KARANAM MADHAVI M.Sc
Dr. G. VIJAYA KUMAR M.Sc., M.Phil., Ph.D
1. “Doping and Irradiation dependence of electrical conductivity of Fe3+ and Ni2+ doped Polyvinyl alcohol films”, Actaphysicapolonica A, 117(6),917-920(2010).
2. “Investigations on Fe3+ doped polyvinyl alcohol films with and without gamma (γ)- Irradiation”, Applied Surface Science, 255, 7047-7050 (2009).
3. “Study of the Semiconducting Behavior of La (No3)3 Doped Polyvinyl Alcohol Films with and Without Gamma (γ) – Irradiation”, Journal of Applied Sciences Research, 4(11), 1603-1609 (2008).
4. “Effect of Doping (Mn2+ ions) on The Optical/Mechanical Properties of Spin Coated Polyvinyl Alcohol Films” DAE, SSP(INDIA)52 ,669-670 (2007).
1. “Preparation and Characterizations of Mn2+doped Polyvinyl Alcohol Films”.Presented in NCNMT at Sri Venkateshwara University Thirupathi, December, 2005
2. ” Electrical Characterization of Poly Vinyl Alcohol Films deposited by Spin coating technique” Presented in NCNMT at Sri Venkateshwara University Tirupathi, December, 2005.
3. “Effect of Doping (Mn2+ ions) on The Optical/Mechanical Properties of Spin Coated Polyvinyl Alcohol Films”- Presented at 52nd DAE Solid State Symposium 2007at MysorE
4. Investigations on Fe3+ doped polyvinyl alcohol films with and without Gamma (γ) – Irradiation “presented at National conference at DayanadaSagar College of Engineering, Bangalore, December, 2008.
5. “Effect of La3+ ions and irradiation on electrical properties of PVA films” presented at Nanotech-2010, at DayanadaSagar College of Engineering, Bangalore, Feb,2010.
SUNANDA S M.Sc
HEMALATHA K S M.Sc., M.Phil