Achievement of Medical Education Department:
1. Directorate of Medical Education sanctioning fee reimbursement to SC/ST students studying under Government quota for the year 2017-18, the total 491 SC/ST students applications were received and expenditure of Rs.280.15 lakhs was increased.
2. Under Karnataka Chief Minister Medical Release Society Rs.914.00 lakhs has been released for Super Speciality and Teaching Hospitals for free medical treatment to poor patients from this 14683 people have been benefited.
3. State Plan Scheme for the year 2017-18 of the Medical Education Department for the 2210 Head of Account Rs.38229.00 lakhs released. In this Rs.37947.61 lakhs expenditure upto December 2016. For the 4210 Head of Account total Rs.43647.61 lakhs released in this Rs.43607.99 lakhs expenditure.
4. In 2017-18 budget Rs.3025.00 lakhs and Rs.1004.00 lakhs are allotted for SCP and TSP programme respectively. In this, Rs.3013.27 and Rs.980.07 lakhs are expended.
5. Hemophilia centre has been opened in the premises of Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute, Bangalore.
6. Institute of Nephro Urology, Bangalore, Kidney Suraksha Scheme has been started.
7.To Provide additional facilities to the Bengaluru Medical College and Research Institute, construction works of Administrative Block, Nurses and Doctor's Quarters, Boys and Girls Hostels are under progress at an estimated cost of Rs.129 Crores. Construction of these Buildings will be completed by January 2017 and the same will be handed over to the Institute.
8. Construction of a Unit of Sri.Jayadeva Institute of Cardio vascular Sciences at Mysore with an Estimate Cost of Rs.115 Crores is under progress. The construction of this building will be completed by November 2017.
9. KIDWAI Cancer Institute in Bengaluru is upgraded as a state level Institute with an estimate of Rs.120 Crores in collaboration with the Central Government. For the treatment of Cancer patients, installation of Linear Accelerator equipment is under progress. The Robotic equipment is already installed, due to this waiting period of cancer Patients is reduced.
10.Bidar Institute of Medical Sciences is upgraded from 300 to 750 beds at an estimate cost of Rs. 87.70. The construction is scheduled to be completed in February 2017. The necessary steps are taken to hand over the building to the Institute.
11.Upgradation of KIMS Hubli, VIMS Bellary is under progress each with an estimate cost of Rs. 150 Crores, in collaboration with the Central government under the scheme of PMSSY.
1. Super speciality hospital is under construction at VIMS, Bellary at an estimate cost of 80 Crores. The construction work is under progress.
2. Approval is given for the construction of New Medical College at an Estimate cost of Rs.167.54 Crores in the Premises of Bowring and Lady Curzon Hospital. Suitable action is taken to strat the construction work.
3. Approval is given for the establishment of an Institute of Gastor Enterology and Liver Transplantation with cost of Rs.50 Crores in the campus of SDSTB, Bengaluru. Necessary steps are taken tostart the construction.
4. Suitable steps have been taken to start 330 Bedded Women and Children Hospital at an estimated cost of Rs.10 Crores in the Premises of Kalburgi District Hospital.
5. In second phase Rajiv Gandhi Speciality Hospital, Raichur will be upgraded at an estimate cost of Rs.35 Crores.
6. Government of India has approved for the upgradation of Tertiary Cancer Centre in the Premises of Institute of Mandya Medical Sciences in collaboration with the State Government at an estimate cost of Rs.45 Crores.